Curbside Recycling Program

  • Acceptable Materials:
  • Newspapers: The entire newspaper including inserts.
  • Aluminum, steel, and bimetal: Food and beverage cans only.
  • Glass: Food and beverage containers only.
  • Plastic: Food and beverage containers marked #1 through #7
  • Plastic: Detergent and soap containers marked #1 through #7
  • Cartons / Aseptic containers: Milk, juice, etc.
  • Misc paper: Magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard.
  • Do not recycle:
  • Containers with excessive foods or liquids
  • Containers that contained hazardous materials
  • Shredded paper.
  • Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc…
  • Light bulbs, Christmas lights, window glass, ceramics, china, etc.
  • Plastic wrap, plastic bags, toys, flowerpots, garden hoses, etc.
  • Clothing, blankets, household linens, furniture, etc.
  • Plastics not marked #1 through #7.
  • Scrap metal, batteries, chains, car parts, pots & pans, knifes, etc.
  • needles, syringes, medical waste, or sharps.
  • wood.

Frequently Asked Questions

What day is my trash pickup?

Wednesday is the day that it is currently but you can call Republic Customer Service to be verify at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309

What holidays effect my trash pickup?

On these days, trash will be delayed one (1) day if the holiday is during the week – New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day

If something happens to my containers or I need one because I do not have one, what do I do?

Call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309 and they will be able to help you.

As a New Russia Township resident, I heard we get one (1) free dumpster at our house per year. is this true?

Yes, there are rules for the reasons of needing one. For example, you cannot get one just to throw a lot of trash away. For info on the rules, you can call the Administrative Office at 440-775-7782 ext 102. To get one, our Zoning Inspector draws up a permit that the Zoning Inspector and property owner have to sign. The signed paperwork is then sent to Republic Services, who will then be in contact with you, the property owner, for drop off and pickup details.

What day is bulk trash picked up and what do they pick up?

The first pickup of the month. For more information about what is permitted, please call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309.

What are landfill passes and how do I get one?

Landfill passes are for New Russia Township residents only. They permit the property owner to take a tarped load (not in a dump truck, personal or commercial) over to the landfill. A pass can be picked up at the Administrative Office at 46300 Butternut Ridge Road, Oberlin then taken over to the landfill located on Oberlin-Elyria Road. Just present the pass and they will direct you on what to do from there.

What do I do if my trash does not get picked up?

Call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309